The GeoIP Redirect extension allows you to redirect your customers to different stores in the same magento install
depending on the country of the customer. It also lets you redirect to custom URLs or switch currency based on the visitor's country.
Choose whether to redirect only specific URLs or all URLs. You
can also exclude certain IPs(184.108.40.2069, etc.) and/or user agents(googlebot, bingbot etc.) from being redirected.
Redirect visitors to particular a store view:
The extension automatically detects the user location using
their IP address and redirect them to the store view that matches their location as specified by the store owner.
Redirect visitors to the specified URLs:
Alternative to redirecting the customers to a particular store
view, the store owner can also redirect the customer based on their country to a specified URL. This gives the store owner the ability to redirect the customers to an external URL if they do not use the multistore setup in
Switch customer currency:
The store owner can also configure to switch the currency on the same store view that the user is currently in, based on the visitor's country.
There is also an option to set a global redirect URL in case any of the other logic configured doesn't match with the current visitor's data.
- Detect visitor's location using IP address
- Redirect to store view based on IP location.
- Redirect to URL.
- Switch Currency based on IP location.
- Specify a global fallback URL.
- Exclude specific URLs.
- Exclude certain User agents (such as googlebot etc.).
- Force IP to store view redirect.
Compatible with Magento 2.0.0 - 2.2.0 CE and
Web Setup Wizard
- Unpack extension
- Log in to our website.
- Download the Base Extension.
- Unpack the Base extension file downloaded from our site and upload the contents of the file to
the root directory of your magento installation.
- Unpack the purchased extension file downloaded from our site and upload the contents of the file to the root directory of your magento installation.
- Go to System > Web Setup Wizard.
- Select component manager to install the extension.
- Enable Modules:
- Click on Select link on the Base
Extension row(Module Name: HS_All). Click the Enable button on the menu that pops up.
- Next, click on the Select link on the row corresponding to the extension you downloaded (Module Name:
- Step 1: Readiness Check
- Click on the button
Start Readiness Check to check you are running Magento on a compatible environment.
- Click Next upon completion of previous step.
- Step 2: Create Backup
- Create a backup before you install the
extension, by selecting the checkboxes against the Backup Options and clicking the button Create Backup.
- Click Next, upon completion.
- Step 3: Enable Module
- Click on the button
- You will see this page as your module installation is in progress. You can check for
errors in the Console Log.
- Module installation complete.
Go to Stores >
Settings > Configuration > Hungersoft Extensions > Geoip Redirect.
GeoIP Redirect: select Yes/No to enable/disable the extension. The extension can be enabled/disabled on a per store basis.
- Redirect only once: select Yes to redirect the visitor only once per
session. When No is selected, the visitor will be redirected everytime they visit any applicable store link.
- Apply Redirect Action To: There are 3 options under this.
- All Urls: In this case you don't need to add any values to URLs
- Specified Urls: When selected, the urls added in the URLs field only will be redirected. Rest of the URLs are restricted from redirecting.
- Not Specified Urls: When selected,
only urls that are not specified in the URLs field will be redirected. Rest of the urls are restricted from redirecting.
- URLs: Click the Add button to add a URL. Make sure the url has a
scheme(http://, https://,...) and a host (www.example.com, example.com,...). Additionally, you can also add a path and parameters to the url(http://example.com/path?param1=value1¶m2=value2). Make sure the URL matches exactly to the URL shown in the address bar of the your browser.
- Ignore User
Agents: Click the Add button to add User Agent(one on each row). Ex: googlebot,..
- Ignore IPs: Click the Add button to add IP(one on each row). Ex: 127.0.0.1,...
This field is
available only at the store view level. To force certain IPs to a particular store view add IPs by switching the scope of the configuration to that particular store view by selecting the store view using the store switcher at the top of the
Detected IP is matched with the IPs specified for every store and the store that has the IP is the store to which the visitor will be redirected to.
- IP: Click the Add button to add IP(one on each row). Ex: 127.0.0.1,...
- Enable Country to URL Redirection: Select yes to enable redirecting to the specified url for the countries added to the field
Country to URL Mapping.
- Country to URL Mapping: Click the Add button to add a Country -> Url map. Select a country from the dropdown and specify a url to be redirected to if the current
customer's country matches the country listed.
- Enable Country to Currency Redirection: Select yes to enable switching the currency for the current store for the countries
added to the field Country to Currency Mapping.
- Country to Currency Mapping: Click the Add button to add a Country -> Currency map. Select a country from the dropdown and select a currency against
the country for the extension to switch the currency if the current customer's country matches the country listed.
- Url: Specify a URL to be redirected to, if none of the conditions listed above match the current customer's configuration. This field can be
configured at the store view level.
- GeoIP Database Downloaded: Click on the Synchronize button to download the latest database file from the server. Don't do this too often
or the sever might ban you for several hours.
Run the following command to include the geoip2
composer require geoip2/geoip2
- Free updates for 1 year.
- Free support for 1 year. If you have any issues with the extension purchased please contact us using the contact form or by using the live chat.
- Meets magento standard development practices. No core files will be over written.
- 100% open source.